August 3, 2012

JAMBOX Spotlight: DJ SABRI


Last Wednesday, JAMBOX’s premier beatmaker, DJ Sabri, was selected to have his beats showcased at Webster Hall.  DJ Sabri was one of few applicants that was chosen to have the chance to have his beats showcased and judged.

JAMBOX had the opportunity to sit down and talk with DJ Sabri about his work.
 How long have you been into music?
I’ve been making beats since I was 15 years old… I’m 24 now, so about 9 years.
What kind of music do you specialize in?
I definitely specialize in hip hop; I also do dubstep and house music. But I mostly do hip hop.
Who are your musical influences?
 I grew up listening to Biggie, Tupac, and Eminem, and nowadays it’s Jay-Z. He’s probably one of my biggest influences.
Where do you see yourself in the music business?
Hopefully, a successful producer and beat maker.  I want to be my own producer; who’s out there with his own style.
Can you tell us more about what happened Wednesday night?
It was a producer’s showcase, where over 100 of NYC’s top producers applied and only 15 were chosen, I was one of them. So each producer went up and showcased about 5 beats each and the judges rated them. The judges included Tony G from G-Unit, Mr. Devine, who has worked with Fabolous and Jadakiss, and Vinny Idol who has worked with Sheek Louch, Styles, and D-Block. 

1 comment:

JAMMIN Updates

  • Lori Michaels signs record deal with Dream Makers/REFORM Records

Today"s Quote

ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation