August 13, 2012

My X Factor Experience By: Catherine "Cathia" Ochoa

Hi guys. Some of you readers out there might not know me, so I'll take a moment to introduce myself! I'm Cathia, and I started interning at JAMBOX about three months ago :)
I'm an artist myself, and I'm so grateful to be able to record my music here at JAMBOX, I'm actually in the midst of finishing my demo so look out for it soon! ;)
I wanted to share the awesome experience I had about a month ago. I auditioned online for this season of the X Factor, and actually got picked to directly audition for the judges! I was picked by an associate producer who saw my audition, and told me to travel to Rhode Island in order to audition for Britney Spears, Demi Lovato, LA Reid and Simon Cowell. My initial reaction was to ask myself if I was being punked. After calling the number in the email that let me know I had been selected, I realized this was really happening!!
My family and I traveled to Rhode Island for the big day, and there it was. The biggest audition of my life was only moments away. It was awesome to be able to see what goes on behind the scenes at these talent shows. We were treated like potential winners of the "X Factor" and I was determined to get all four yeses from the judges.
After hours of waiting, I finally walked on stage to audition.
Demi, Simon, LA and Britney all watched me, and asked the basic questions.."who are you, where are you from, do you think you have what it takes to win, etc..". My heart pounded as they asked me what I would be singing, and it was time to show them what I had prepared!
I began my song, "I Wanna Know What Love Is" originally by Foreigner, but I sang the Mariah Carey version. After I sang, they asked me to sing something else, and I sang "Bridge Over Troubled Water". They loved me and I GOT FOUR YESES! Best day of my life guyss!!!
I came back to the NY the next day, and long story short ended up getting cut randomly selected to be cut before Bootcamp week.
Even so, it was an unforgettable experience that I will cherish forever, and I know there are other ways to make it big!
I just wanted to encourage you guys to audition for anything, no matter how big or small, and never stop chasing your dreams :)..who knows where you'll end up because you tried!

-Catherine
my youtube--> youtube.com/catheysings123

No comments:

Post a Comment

JAMMIN Updates

  • Lori Michaels signs record deal with Dream Makers/REFORM Records

Today"s Quote

ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation