April 26, 2023

JAMBOX Entertainment Studios and Lee Evans Remembers Harry Belafonte

 

 

Growing up in a Jamaican household with lots of music, Harry Belafonte was a big part of my parents musical culture. As a result, I had all of his popular songs ingrained in my head.

I also got to meet and work with Mr Belafonte briefly while I was recording the soundtrack for the movie 'Beat Street' which he is listed as a Producer. That was a very inspirational time for me.

So to honor his legacy I put together some of his achievements below.

Harry Belafonte was an American singer, songwriter, activist, and actor born in Harlem in 1927.

Born of Jamaican decent, He became one of the most successful and influential American pop stars in music history making and popularizing Jamaican Classics such as

-The Banana Boat song

-Jump In the Line

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

JAMMIN Updates

  • Lori Michaels signs record deal with Dream Makers/REFORM Records

Today"s Quote

ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation